Professional Diploma in Quantity Surveying
German Jordanian University (GJU) in Partnership with Nabih Elias Azzam & Partners (NEA)
Program Aims & Objectives
Through this Professional Diploma, students will be able to develop full knowledge of the duties of Quantity Surveyors and understand how they operate as cost managers within the construction industry.
Furthermore, students will be able to apply their knowledge and understanding on practical scenarios designed to simulate services provided by the Quantity Surveyor, which start from feasibility and extend to the design and construction stages and ultimately understand how Quantity Survey or get involved and add value to new build, extension, refurbishment, maintenance and demolition of the built environment. Through this diploma the candidate will understand the different elements of construction and accordingly manage costs effectively and fairly across the board.
The programme is organised in subjects as below:
- Contract Practice, Administration & Conflict Avoidance
- Construction Technology & Cost Planning
- Procurement and Tendering
- Quantification of Works
- Applied Consultancy
The course will be delivered over 9 months split into two semesters, Lectures will be as follows:
- Students applying for the Quantity Surveying Diploma should have a degree in Engineering or Architecture.
- The applicant must have passed the English Language exam IBT from AMIDEAST "Jordan" 59, IELTS from British Council "Jordan" 5.5 or the national exam of the national equivalent exam of the qualifying program exam with a passing grade not less than 50%. Graduates holding certificates
of other degrees should apply to the admissions committee, where their cases will be studied individually.
Upon successful completion of the Professional Diploma in Quantity Surveying, the candidate should be able to achieve the following:
- Be awarded a University diploma which is certified by the Jordan Ministry of Higher Education.
- Enhance their commercial and contractual background in construction.
- Have access to quantity surveying related employment opportunities in the construction industry.
- Understand the requirements to become a Chartered Surveyors and work towards membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
"The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) support and recognise the QS Professional Diploma course via the German Jordanian University as a very positive step to professionalising and providing surveyors in Jordan with the pre-requisite skills and competencies that we would expect to see from a Quantity Surveyor. The Diploma modules will equip the students to apply appropriate and best practices when they enter the workplace and will act as a great foundation learning skillset which will be beneficial when graduates of the programme progress in their careers and elect to apply for RICS membership status."